A will is an important document to get right - in content, expression and execution. It is a mistake to assume that a will is either not necessary or that it is necessarily straightforward. In Scotland the law of inheritance can be complex and very often not what the ordinary client expects in terms of the rights of family members to a share - or not - of the estate.
Single Will (for the estate of one person) £250 plus VAT
Mirror Will (identical wills drafted for two persons) £400 plus VAT
(VAT is charged at 20%)
N.B. If you are married, in a civil partnership of cohabiting, a Mirror Will may only be appropriate where neither you nor your partner has children from a separate relationship. Where this is the case, we will be happy to meet with you and discuss the options based on your circumstances.
Our prices above include:
• taking your instructions,
• providing advice as appropriate to your requirements
• providing advice on legal rights
• preparing a draft will for you to review,
• making changes following review,
• complete execution of the will,
Our fixed price will not include:
• work associated with lifetime trusts such as drafting trust deeds,
• advice and work associated with bankrupt or otherwise vulnerable beneficiaries,
• advice on inheritance tax,
• preparing the transfer of heritable property (buildings and land) into a trust.
N.B. This fixed price will only cover the services mentioned. Your case may require additional work that is not included. We will discuss this with you at our first meeting. If additional costs arise due to matters related to your own personal circumstances, we will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity and we will advise you of any increase in price that may arise.
Our firm does not currently offer legal aid for these types of matters.